Counseling for Adult ADHD
Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is a chronic condition that includes a combination of long lasting problems including difficulty paying attention, impulsive behavior, and hyperactivity. ADHD is one of the most common childhood disorders and it often persists into adulthood. The symptoms of ADHD can impact a person’s self-esteem, friendships, romantic relationships, work life, and other aspects of life.
Adults with ADHD may experience:
- Carelessness and lack of attention to detail.
- Continually starting new tasks before finishing old ones.
- Poor organizational skills.
- Inability to focus or prioritize.
- Continually losing or misplacing things.
- Restlessness and edginess.
- Difficulty keeping quiet and speaking out of turn.
- Trouble keeping appointments.
Adults with ADHD can benefit by identifying the areas of their life that are most impaired by their ADHD symptoms and then seeking treatment to address them. Counseling can make a dramatic difference in your symptoms and overall well-being!
If you’re interested in learning more about adult ADHD, I would love to connect with you today!